VISA FOR HUNGARY
Applications for visa and residence/work permit for Hungary can be filed at the Hungarian Embassy in the candidate's country of permanent residence.
Citizens from Kenya must have a visa to go to Hungary and to the other Schengen countries. You can apply for a visa for Hungary at the Hungarian Embassy in Nairobi:
Address: Hungarian Embassy Kabarsiran Ave. (off James Gichuru), Lavington Nairobi
Tel: 254 738 905 187.
In Case of Real Emergency after Office Hours, the Embassy can be reached through the following mobile numbers:00+ 254 (0) 738 150 391 or 254 706-233-1767 (Not for Visa & Administrative Affairs)
Opening hours: The opening hours for visa applications are Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 12.30 pm.
Visa fee: The visa fee is 60 euro. Plus 40 Euros for the courier service – for sending the
passport back to the visa applicant after issuing the visa (the 40 euros fee is to be paid by those applicants who can not or do not want to collect their visa in person at the Embassy)
On the 5th April 2010 a new Visa regulation came into force for all Schengen Member States. If you want to apply for a Schengen visa, please consider the following:
1. All visa applications have to be submitted at least 15 calendar days before the date of the intended departure.
2. An application submitted less than 15 calendar days before the intended departure may be accepted, but the applicant should bear in mind that the final decision might be taken after the intended date of departure.
3. Visa applications cannot be submitted earlier than three months before the start of the intended visit.
5. It is the applicant's responsibility to take the necessary precautions to respect the deadlines where an appointment system is in place.
6. Normal processing time for visa applications can take up to 15 calendar days.
7. When further scrutiny is needed, the deadline may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days. Exceptionally, where additional documentation is required, the deadline may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days after the application has been considered admissible.
In order to serve you better and swifter, all visa applications must be submitted by appointment only. Appointments can be made by mail: Misson.email@example.com. Appointments must be made at least 15 days before departure. The visa days are Tuesdays and Thursdays only - 9.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Validity of the visa: A Schengen visa is valid for maximum 90 days in a 6 months period and is valid for travel to all the Schengen member states. However, you may be asked to justify your visit to another member state than the country who issued your visa.
Entries: A visa can have one, two or multiple entries depending if you need to travel outside the Schengen area and back again during your visit. If you apply for two or several entries, this must be justified.
Visa processing time: According to the common Visa Code , the processing time for an admissible visa application must not exceed 15 calendar days. This period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days in cases where additional documentation or scrutiny is needed.
Application Forms: When applying for a Schengen visa you must fill in a Schengen visa application form. Here you can download the Schengen visa application form in English: http://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/visa-application-forms
- Short- term visa application takes a minimum of 15 working days to process.
- Short- term visa application handling fee is payable in EURO, on application, and is non-refundable. This fee is 60 Euros.
- Documents to submit are stated overleaf.
If the visa is granted, for collection of the passport, presentation of the airline ticket and the health insurance is imperative. Please provide photocopies of these as well.
There is no legal right to a visa. A visa is not a guarantee to access the Schengen Territory. The final authorisation remains the decision of the immigration officers at the point of entry.
General requirements for obtaining a short stay uniform (Schengen) visa:
Authorizes the bearer to a single, double or multiple entries and, in case of an uninterrupted stay, to a stay of maximum 90 days, while in case of an interrupted stay, to a stay of altogether maximum 90 days within the 6 months counted from the date of the first entry.
Each and every applicant must appear in person at the Embassy for personal identification check and an obligatory interview.
● Visa fee – 60 Euros plus 40 Euros for the courier service – for sending the passport back to the visa applicant after visa issuance (40 euros fee is to be paid by those applicants residing outside Kenya)
In addition to the above mentioned requirements, the application will be assessed on the criteria for which the relevant documents have been submitted:
· the purpose of the journey;
· accommodation, or proof of sufficient means to cover accommodation;
· assessment of sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to the country of origin or residence;
Important notice : The mere submission of the listed documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Individual assessments are made in every case.
Attentiton! In case your flight arrives to Ferihegy 1 and your transfer flight departs from Ferihegy 2 (and vice versa) short stay uniform visa (C) is needed.
Travel medical insurance:
Schengen travel insurance: A Schengen travel medical insurance with minimum coverage EUR 30,000 must be presented when applying for a visa. When buying your insurance, please make sure that it is possible to change the dates of coverage or be reimbursed if your visa application is refused or the dates of your travel are changed.
The valid medical insurance has to cover also any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death, during their stay(s) on the territory of the Member States.
The following insurance companies have been checked by the Schengen missions in Nairobi. And have in the past proven to fulfil the standards of the Schengen requirements for travel insurance.
Please note that the list is only a recommendation and the choice of insurance provider is free.
This list is continuously updated.
APAJubileeGAMercantileThe Financial coverage of the expenses can be certified with one of the following documents:
· an original income certificate of the employer or
· a bank account statement on the account turnover during the last three months or
· a pension slip or
· a certificate of registration in the case of an individual entrepreneur or one-man firm or
· a valid ticket, a certificate of a reserved and prepaid journey, accommodation or
· in the case of minors, a declaration by the legal representative on the coverage of the costs and on the existence of the financial coverage or
· a letter of invitation issued and endorsed by the Office of Immigration
· One application form duly completed
Additional requirements for tourist visits:
In the case of a tourist visit: Bank statements – for the last six (6) months. Proof of pre-paid hotel booking. Detailed travel itinerary. If you are employed please submit a signed letter from your current employer containing the following information:
· In the case of carriers: the certification or request of the carrier firm.
· For the purpose of visiting the grave of a deceased relative buried in Hungary: a document certifying the existence of the grave and the degree of relationship.
· For the purpose of cultural activities: accreditation proving the participation in the sports event or contract with the Hungarian sport club, or the certificate issued by the delegating sport club / Olympic committee / Ministry of Sport, etc.
· All submitted documents must be in English
· An interview may be required at the Embassy
· That you may be asked to provide further information or documentary evidence in addition to the above guidelines
Specific requirements for visiting family and friends:
· That you may be asked to provide further information or documentary evidence in addition to the above guidelines
Specific requirements for visits by children (under 18 year) all categories:
Additional requirements for business purposes:
In the case of an entry for business purposes: in case there already exists a business partner in Hungary: a letter of invitation from the business partner, proof of the existence of commercial business relations; the certificate of the local chamber of commerce on the existence of business relations, and the certification of the address of the envisaged place of accommodation in Hungary.
Sponsored’ Business/Official trip – A letter of invitation/sponsorship or a notification or proof of enrolment for attendance of workshops, seminar, conferences, sporting event etc emailed directly to this Embassy : firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of hotel booking.
Self funded’ Business trip – Bank statements – for the last six (6) months.
o Letter from Company/Employer with salary slips/vouchers for the last 6 months
o Copy of employment contract
o Proof of pre-paid hotel booking
o Pin certificate and registration act of company/business
o Questionnaire for applicants - Appendix A (completed and signed)
o Signed letter of invitation. The invitation must contain the following information:
o your personal data
o the reason for your visit
o how long you intend to be in the Member State
o who will be responsible for supporting you financially during the time you are in European Union
o date and contact details
who will be responsible for supporting you financially during the time you are in the Schengen Area
Additional requirements for medical treatment:
In the case of an entry with the purpose of medical treatment: the certificate of the receiving health institution, including reference to the fact that the expected coverage of the medical treatment is available, and other certification of the coverage of the medical treatment, as well as the certification of the address of the expected place of accommodation in Hungary.
Ø The contact with the local doctor;
Ø Nature of the treatment;
Ø Estimated time for recovery;
Ø The need for return visits;
Ø The cost of treatment;
Ø The mention that the patient is accepted;
Ø The indication that the treatment can be performed;
Ø The indication that the medical institution or doctor agrees with the intended method of payment.
Ø A letter dated not more than 3 months and signed from your treating doctor in Kenya providing background to the medical treatment and why it cannot be done in Kenya.
Ø Recent bank statement covering the last three months. Documents showing how you plan to pay for the treatment including receipts if down payments have already been made.
Ø Proof from the Medical Institution showing that it agrees with your intended method of payment.
Ø If you are employed please submit a signed letter from your current employer containing the following information:
Additional requirements for sport visits:
Signed letter of invitation. The invitation must contain the following information: your personal data, the name and date(s) of the event in the Member State if the event organizers will cover any expenses and/or insurance of participants date and contact details.
If you are part of a group or representing an organization, a letter from the group leader or organization is required, which needs to state the following: your personal data; if you have a specific function within the group/organization; your previous sport results (national and/or international); your level of competition; purpose of the visit; the name of the responsible person or organization for the financial support during the period in the Schengen Area; date and contact details.
Confirmation of your participation in the sports event from the relevant Kenyan sports federation and the required documentation proving the level if applicable
· All submitted documents must be in English or in the language of the Member State
· That you may be asked to provide further information or documentary evidence in addition to the above guideline
Additional requirements for purpose of attending a conference:
Specific requirements for business and conference visits (including official visits)
Invitation letter issued by the organization, confirmation on participation issued by the host organization, and/or a certification issued by the delegating organization; receipt on payment of the registration fee In the case of other purposes of entry (regular shopping, entertainment, etc.) not listed in any of the above categories: a declaration presenting the purpose of the entry and stay, made in full awareness of the person’s criminal liability.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AN APPLICATION FOR STUDENT VISA
Modification of visa application procedures
The Embassy of Hungary in Nairobi informs the public regarding the introduction of a new procedure for the issuance of student visa.
The visa issuance process will be accompanied by an identification procedure by means of the capture of biometric data (digital finger prints and digital photograph).
Applicants will be required to attend in person to provide a ten-finger scan and a digital photograph with their visa application. This applies to all Schengen visa applicants irrespective of location or nationality.
The consular section stresses that the identification process has no influence on the introduction, the treatment and the issuance of visa. The visa process remains as it used to be in the past and is based on the same documents.
This new measure is part of a more extensive European project which aims to create a database containing biometric and alphanumeric information of visa applicants, shared by the Schengen Member States. The collection of biometric data will therefore be brought into general use and it will be applied to all Schengen visa applicants.