The key instruments of economic policy will be the New Széchenyi Plan in Hungary aimed at the national economic recovery, starting prosperity and creating a million new jobs with taxable incomes in 10 years. Economic growth could be launched by means of the New Széchenyi Plan in which productive and technology sectors are highlighted. At the same time, the New Széchenyi Plan is targeted to place Hungary among the most competitive countries.
Compared to the first Széchenyi Plan launched in the period of 1998 to 2002, the New Széchenyi Plan includes several break-out points of economic breakthrough such as health industry including medical investments and tourism. In addition, the new priorities spread out to green economy as well as the strong increase of employment. The Government places a great emphasis on innovation in the New Széchenyi Plan. As a result, Hungary may become one of the major innovation powers in the world. Accordingly, the New Széchenyi Plan comprises 7 priority programmes:
1. Healing in Hungary – Health industry
2. Renewal of Hungary – Green economy development
3. Home project– Housing
4. Enterprise promotion – Development of the business environment
5. Science – Innovation – Growth
7. Transport – Transit economy For more information on the new Széchenyi plan and updated information on the macroeconomic framework please click here.